Fellow for Roman Catholic Relationships (Church Relations)
We are seeking an individual to strengthen Bread for the World’s work with the leaders of Roman Catholic religious communities, to broaden anti-hunger advocacy among their community members and within affiliated institutions, leading to increased advocacy and financial support for Bread for the World’s mission.
- Build and maintain relationships with Roman Catholic agencies and organizations. Develop and implement strategies engaging them in programmatic cooperation and financial support for Bread for the World and the Institute.
- Maintain relationships with Roman Catholic orders of religious men and women, seeking active programmatic engagement and continued financial support.
- Coordinating with regional organizers, develop and maintain relationships with a portfolio of local Roman Catholic parishes, seeking active programmatic engagement and increasing financial support of Bread for the World.
- Represent Bread at Roman Catholic and ecumenical events.
- Contribute to department-wide initiatives in fundraising, educational resource development, and hospitality for visiting groups.
- Supervise interns assigned to work in Roman Catholic outreach.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Represents Bread for the World at events and on DC-based committees around hunger issues, global poverty, and related social justice efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience working with leaders of Roman Catholic religious communities
- Experience in building relationships that lead individuals and groups to deeper engagement in public life and social issues
- An understanding of how hunger, poverty, global health and other social justice issues are addressed within the U.S. Catholic context
- Excellent verbal and writing skills required; fundraising experience is desirable
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and to work as a part of a team
Work Environment Issues:
Up to 15% overnight travel
How To Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to: Bread for the World, Inc., Attn: HR-FRCR, 425 3rd Street, S.W., Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20024 or email to: Careers.CR@bread.org (highly preferred). No Phone Calls Please.
Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. Please visit www.bread.org for a full listing of available positions.
Bread for the World is an Equal Opportunity Employer.