Financial Analyst (Administration)
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: To prepare timely and accurate financial reports which analyze financial performance in comparison to budget and which project year-end performance for both general support and grant accounts. To play a key role in the preparation of the annual organizational budgets and grant project budgets.
1. Analyzes financial performance of all three organizations' general support and grant accounts.
2. Prepares year-end projections, including clearly documenting all assumptions.
3. Ensures timely follow up of questions raised during bi-monthly departmental financial review meetings (four per month) and monthly entity-level financial review meetings (three per month).
4. Drafts financial narrative reports, including materials that will then be edited for the Finance Committee of the Board
5. Performs ad hoc queries of the general ledger.
6. Prepares special reports as requested, e.g., capital campaign gift receipt vs. pledges and gift receipt vs. expenditures report.
7. Analyzes various financial processes; recommends and implements improvements, including written documentation of the new processes and procedures.
8. Provides coverage for key responsibilities of the supervisor in the supervisor's absence.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance OR a minimum of 8 years directly-related work experience
At least five years' experience in fund accounting
At least five years' experience in financial reporting
Knowledge of accounting software and spreadsheet applications
Demonstrated ability to read, write and communicate using English language in a manner sufficient to perform job functions
Proven analytical skills
Experience with 501(c) 3 and 501(c) 4 organizations preferred
Experience with A133, A110 and A122 preferred
Excellent customer service
WORK ENVIRONMENT ISSUES:
Sitting for long periods of time
Lifting up to 25 pounds
Kneeling, crouching or stooping to access records in filing cabinets or storage boxes
Using hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Careers.Finance@bread.org or fax these materials to the attention of Jeff Nelson at 202-688-1155 no later than October 5, 2013.
Bread is an EOE.
Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. Please visit www.bread.org for a full listing of available positions.
Bread for the World is an Equal Opportunity Employer.