The Consultation will explore the biblical, theological, and experiential grounding for an authentic Christian witness in current discussions of U.S. foreign assistance policies. It will:
- Incorporate voices from the global South and diverse voices from within the U.S. church in developing an integrated Evangelical perspective on U.S. foreign assistance.
- Explore the intersection between U.S. foreign assistance and God's mission in the world, resulting in a set of affirmations to undergird and guide engagement on policy issues.
- Share insights from the academy, relief and development organizations, denominational mission agencies, and the advocacy community to further understanding and networking opportunities among these various constituencies.
- Stimulate discussion of U.S. foreign assistance in religious journals and Christian media.
- Identify issues for further exploration in theology and Christian ethics courses and discussions.
- Identify ways in which participants can stimulate consciousness-raising and and advocacy within their respective constituencies.
- Identify what additional documentation and resources may be necessary to further inform an evangelical response to the role of Government in God's mission for the world.
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.