If you plan to come early for Lobby Day or if you plan to stay in Washington, DC, through Tuesday night, you'll need to make your own lodging arrangements.
Here is a list of low-cost, safe lodging options. They are in two rate categories: hostels/religious houses at $22 to $79 dollars per night, and regular hotels at $95 to $123 per night. The rates mentioned below are for your general comparison and are not guaranteed. Be sure to check specific prices with the hotel, hostel or house.
We also recommend checking a search engine such as www.hosteldc.com, www.kayak.com, or www.travelocity.com for other options in the area. In addition, sometimes making reservations via one of these search engines will help reduce the price by $5 or $10.
Hilltop Hostel – Breakfast included
300 Carroll St NW, Washington, DC 20012
- Dorm bed at $24 a night (not including tax) through www.hosteldc.com
- Across street from Takoma Park Metro on Red Line
HI-DC (Hostelling International – D.C.) – Breakfast included
1009 11th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Dorm Bed at $37.95 a night, 1 room has 8-10 beds (not including taxes) through www.hiwashingtondc.org
- 0.45 mile walk to McPherson Square Metro on Orange/Blue Line
William Penn House (A Quaker hospitality and seminar center on Capitol Hill.) – Breakfast included
515 E. Capitol Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
- Dorm Bed at $40-$50 a night per person, 1 room has 10 beds (not including tax) through www.williampennhouse.org
- Family room at $135 a night for 4 people, $25 for each additional (not including tax)
- 0.3 mile walk to Church of the Reformation
District Hotel – Breakfast included
1440 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20005
- Private Room (2 people with 1 full-size bed) at $129.00 a night/room (not including tax) through www.districthotel.com
- Private Room (2 people with 1 queen-size bed) at $139.00 a night/room (not including tax) through www.districthotel.com
- Private Room (4 people with 2 queen-size beds) at $139.00 a night/room (not including tax) through www.districthotel.com
- Private Room (2 people with 1 king-size bed or 2 queen-size beds) at $149.00 a night/room (not including tax) through www.districthotel.com
- 0.5 mile walk to the DuPont Circle Metro on the Red Line
The Allen Lee Hotel – Breakfast included
2224 F Street NW, Washington, DC, 20037
- Private Room (1 person) with bathroom at $99 a night per person (not including tax) through www.hostelworld.com
- Private Single Room, shared bathroom (1 person) at $94 a night (not including tax)
- 0.35 mile walk to Foggy Bottom Metro on Orange/Blue Line
Silver Spring Travelodge – Breakfast NOT included
8040 13th Street, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- $94.95 a night/room, have 2 full size beds (excluding taxes)
- 0.5 mile walk to Silver Spring Metro on the Red Line.
Days Inn Arlington, Pentagon - Breakfast included
3030 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204
- $ 96.14 a night (with 14-day advance purchase)/room (2 people), have 2 full size beds, additional person will be charged for $7/person (excluding taxes). Max capacity is for 5 people
- Metro accessible by the 16 Bus every 15 min, right in front of hotel.
Comfort Inn Alexandria - Breakfast included
5716 South Van Dorn St, Alexandria, VA 22310
- Sat $ 99.99 a night/room, 2 full size beds, $119.99 for 2 queen beds or 1 king-size bed (excluding taxes)
- Sun $129.99 have 2 full-size beds or just 1 king-size bed (excluding taxes)
- Mon-Fri $129.99 have 2 full-size beds or just 1 king-size bed (excluding taxes)
- Courtesy Shuttle to Van Dorn Metro on Blue Line
Harrington Hotel – Breakfast NOT included
11th & E St NW, Washington, DC 20004 (Downtown)
- $132 a night/1-2 occupants, has 1 full-size bed or 2 twin beds (excluding taxes)
- $142 a night/2-4 occupants, has 2 double beds (excluding taxes)
- $152 a night, 3 individual beds (excluding taxes)
- $162 a night, 4 individual beds (excluding taxes)
- Within 0.5 mile walk to Metro Center on Red Line and Orange/Blue Line
Fairfield Inn & Suites – Breakfast included
500 H St NW, Washington, DC 20001 (Chinatown, 1.25 miles from Church of the Reformation)
- $299.99 a night/room, has 2 queen beds or 1 king bed (excluding taxes)
- $209.99 a night/room (EXCLUSIVE ROOM, has TV, Microwave and Fridge), have 1 king size bed (excluding taxes)
- 2 blocks from Chinatown Metro on Red Line and Yellow/Green Line.
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.