- How You Can Help
- Write to Congress
- Become a Member
- Engage Your Church
- Organize Your Community
- Join an Event in Your Area
Advocacy Resources for Pastors
Advocacy, like discipleship, is a marathon, not a sprint.
Writing letters to your members of Congress, calling your members of Congress, and expressing your views in letters to the editor of your local paper are effective ways you and your congregation can advocate for poverty-focused development assistance (PFDA).
We want to make it as simple as possible for you to advocate for and with those struggling with hunger and living in poverty.
Visit Bread for the World’s action center to make your voice heard today.
Resources for Pastors
Are you new to advocacy? We have excellent resources to help your congregation participate in advocacy work:
- Development Works explains everything you need to know about the basics of poverty-focused development assistance. You can download all seven of the essays for study, or order print copies.
- Four short Development Works companion videos, which highlight some of these stories, can be used in discussion groups or sermons.
- Our PFDA infographics help communicate the real impact of funding decisions in an easy-to-understand format. Download the full set »
- For more information on the Millennium Development Goals and the ways in which foreign assistance is used, read Bread for the World Institute’s Hunger Report.
- Bread for the Preacher is a monthly e-newsletter for pastors that includes sermon resources, prayers, and other worship materials.
- Read more on why advocacy is appropriate for Christians in The Biblical Basis for Advocacy to End Hunger.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, or email us your questions about PFDA and advocacy.
Join Bread for the World in our mission to end hunger. We advocate on a range of policy issues and we would love to have you lend your voice to a growing movement across the country. Check out Bread for the World’s domestic policy initiatives!
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.