- How You Can Help
- Write to Congress
- Become a Member
- Take Part in Bread Rising
- Engage Your Church
- Organize Your Community
- Join an Event in Your Area
Lenten Prayers for Hungry People: Table Tents
Download the 2015 Lenten Prayers for Hungry People to help make a difference in God's world! This resource, a 6 x 9 inch "table tent," presents a Scripture reading, prayer, and call to action for each of the five weeks of Lent plus Holy Week and makes a terrific resource for your church, Bible study, or small group. Request your free copies today!
More Resources for Lent
During this season of Lent, our wilderness journey with Jesus seems even bleaker since our nation is struggling to balance the needs of hungry and poor people with the need to reduce budget deficits and the national debt.
Drawn by the Spirit, we feel called into a time of prayer and fasting, turning to God for guidance and expecting that God will lead our nation in a new direction.
During Lent, Bread Blog is running a series of devotionals from the Little Black Book, which was first created by Bishop Ken Untener of the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw, Mich. The devotionals are in the prayer tradition of Lectio Divina to help people pray the Passion of Our Lord.
For Lenten prayers:
- Weekly world prayers on the Bread Blog: Prayers for the end of hunger in a different set of countries each week, based on the Ecumenical Prayer Cycle. Posted Friday mornings.
- Daily Prayers to End Hunger: Inspired by the Lord’s Prayer, this pocket-sized resource includes brief prayers for each day of the week, along with passages from Scripture. Order for free.
- Commit to praying to end hunger: When you commit to joining Bread in prayer for the end of hunger, we will email you twice a month with specific prayer requests and sample prayers. To indicate your commitment to praying and to receive prayer requests from Bread, go to www.bread.org/pray. You can invite your friends to pray for the end of hunger too. Let us know at the prayer commitment page above, and we’ll send you a card that you can share with them.
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.