- How You Can Help
- Write to Congress
- Become a Member
- Take Part in Bread Rising
- Engage Your Church
- Organize Your Community
- Join an Event in Your Area
Setting Team Goals
Team goals might include:
- Schedule a meeting with your member of Congress and/or key staff to ask for their support for Bread's major campaign. Identify and build a relationship with the lead staffer in the member's office so you can contact her or him at key times during our campaign.
- Host and/or lead an Offering of Letters workshop annually.
- Increase the number of Offerings of Letters and the total number of letters in your team's area.
- Increase the number of Bread members and Covenant Churches in your team's area.
- Speak on behalf of Bread and conduct outreach at churches/events.
- Meet with editorial boards of major newspapers in the region to encourage an editorial supporting Bread's campaign.
- Publish several letters to the editor encouraging elected officials to support Bread's campaign and to provide approval/disapproval after key votes.
- Engage college campuses, universities, and seminaries.
- Pray steadfastly for the end of hunger in our time.
- Represent Bread at community events (i.e., tabling events).
- Participate in or convene coalitions that address Bread's campaigns.
- Recruit new team members and provide leadership opportunities.
Create a list of goals every year that the team hopes to achieve. Unleash your creativity and innovation! You are leading this movement, and together, we will change the world.what your organizer can do for you. And find out about events in your local community.
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.