- About Hunger
- U.S. Hunger
- Global Hunger
- Hunger & Poverty Facts
- Maternal & Child Nutrition
- Foreign Assistance
- Poverty-Focused Programs
- Development Goals
- Food Security Initiative
- Trade and Agriculture
- Climate Change
- Immigration and Hunger
- The Bible and Hunger
Budget Basics & Resources
Below are printable facts sheets and downloadable presentations created by Bread for the World to educate and equip members to advocate for a fair and balanced budget.
Budget Fact Sheets
- Deficits 101
- Reconciliation 101
- Debt Limit 101
- Block Grants 101
- Overall Spending Caps 101
- Debt Triggers 101
- A Glossary of Budget Terms
- SNAP Fact Sheet
(Formerly the Food Stamps Program)
- Faithful Tax Policy
How to Get Involved With Advocacy
- Use a town hall meeting to call for a Circle of Protection.
- Write a letter to your member of Congress.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
Resources for Past Proposals in Congress
- Analysis of the Proposed Ryan Budget
- DHN Webinar: Understanding the August, 2011 Debt Ceiling agreement between President Obama and Congress.
- A summary and analysis chart about the debt ceiling deal.
- State and district fact sheets for the members of the Super Committee by Half in Ten.
- Paper from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: “Supercommittee” Should Develop Balanced Package of Tax Increases and Spending Cuts.
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Debt Ceiling Deal.
- Summary of the debt ceiling deal from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.
- Information on the budget from the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition.
- A policy brief on the budget from the ONE Campaign.
- DHN Budget Webinar: Audio | PowerPoint Slides
- National Women’s Law Center’s state-by-state fact sheets for Super-Committee advocacy.
- A Framework for Deficit Reduction, from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP).
- State fact sheets from the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition.
- A Better Budget for All, from the Coalition on Human Needs.
- Tax Breaks vs. Budget Cuts, from the Center on American Progress.
- DHN Faithful Budget Campaign.
- Faithful Tax Policy
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.