- About Hunger
- U.S. Hunger
- Global Hunger
- The Bible and Hunger
- Hunger and the U.S. Budget
- Solutions to U.S. Poverty
- Foreign Assistance
- Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Trade and Agriculture
- Climate Change
Budget Basics & Resources
Listen: HIV/AIDS in Uganda and St. Francis Health Care Services
Below are printable facts sheets and downloadable presentations created by Bread for the World to educate and equip members to advocate for a fair and balanced budget.
Budget Fact Sheets
- Deficits 101
- Debt Limit 101
- Block Grants 101
- Overall Spending Caps 101
- Debt Triggers 101
- A Glossary of Budget Terms
- SNAP Fact Sheet
(Formerly the Food Stamps Program)
- Faithful Tax Policy
How to Get Involved With Advocacy
- Use a town hall meeting to call for a Circle of Protection.
- Write a letter to your member of Congress.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
Current Proposals in Congress
- Analysis of the Proposed Ryan Budget
- DHN Webinar: Understanding the August, 2011 Debt Ceiling agreement between President Obama and Congress.
- A summary and analysis chart about the debt ceiling deal.
- State and district fact sheets for the members of the Super Committee by Half in Ten.
- Paper from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: “Supercommittee” Should Develop Balanced Package of Tax Increases and Spending Cuts.
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Debt Ceiling Deal.
- Summary of the debt ceiling deal from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.
- Information on the budget from the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition.
- A policy brief on the budget from the ONE Campaign.
- DHN Budget Webinar: Audio | PowerPoint Slides
- National Women’s Law Center’s state-by-state fact sheets for Super-Committee advocacy.
- A Framework for Deficit Reduction, from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP).
- A deficit reduction plan comparison tool from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.
- State fact sheets from the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition.
- A Better Budget for All, from the Coalition on Human Needs.
- Tax Breaks vs. Budget Cuts, from the Center on American Progress.
- DHN Faithful Budget Campaign.
- Faithful Tax Policy