- About Hunger
- U.S. Hunger
- Global Hunger
- Hunger & Poverty Facts
- Maternal & Child Nutrition
- Foreign Assistance
- Poverty-Focused Programs
- Development Goals
- Food Security Initiative
- Trade and Agriculture
- Climate Change
- Immigration and Hunger
- The Bible and Hunger
The Importance of U.S. Leadership in Addressing Global Maternal and Child Malnutrition
Reps. Debbie Wasserman Shultz (D-Fla.) and Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) have introduced a resolution recognizing the importance of U.S. leadership in addressing global maternal and child nutrition (H. Res. 254). This is an important milestone in our work together, and we need members of Congress to cosponsor the resolution.
During the summer recess, Aug. 2 - Sept. 6, your representative will be at home, meeting with constituents. Use this opportunity to make an appointment and sit down face-to-face to ask for his or her support.
To help you, we have pulled together some special resources to help you understand the details of H. Res. 254 and explain why this resolution is so important for the broader movement.
Full Webinar Recording
- Webinar PowerPoint
- H.Res. 254: Scaling Up Nutrition for Child Health (Fact Sheet)
- Support Maternal and Child Nutrition: Co-sponsor H.Res. 254 (Letter from Reps. Wassman Shultz and Diaz-Balart)
- 1,000 Conversations Kit, which provides materials and information for meeting with your members of Congress
- Sustaining US Leadership and Investments in Scaling up Nutrition (Background Paper)
- H. Res. 254 (full copy of the bill)