Young Covenant Leaders Part of Weekend Gathering
June 7, 2012
© The Evangelical Covenant Church
Five Covenanters have been chosen to be among 70 young faith leaders from around the country who will gather this weekend for a training sponsored by Bread for the World.
The event, which will be held Saturday through Tuesday, includes speakers, workshops, opportunities to network, and a day set aside to lobby members of Congress on Capitol Hill.
Covenanters attending include:
- Abraham Bejarano, senior pastor of Emmanuel Covenant Church in Northridge, California
- Brian Wright, pastor of outreach and events at Colorado Ridge Church in Westminster, Colorado
- Reesheda Washington, project leader of Covenant Kids Congo and associate director of mobilization and connection in the Department of World Mission
- Rukiya Davis, a member of Oakdale Covenant Church in Chicago, and the Evangelical Covenant Fellow serving at Bread For the World
- Carolyn Poterek, associate pastor of First Covenant Church in Seattle, Washington, and also serves on the denomination’s executive board
The 2012 Hunger Justice Leaders are expected to partner with Bread for the World in anti-hunger advocacy activities in their local communities during the coming year. This is the third in a series of biennial Hunger Justice Leaders trainings that began in 2008.