Make Your Gift to Bread Today and Receive a Special Package from Rick Steves
Rick Steves, the intrepid PBS travel host, has been a generous supporter of Bread for the World this year. Through a special contribution from Steves this fall, we were able to produce videos of both presidential candidates in which they addressed hunger and poverty. The video statement by President Barack Obama continues to be a valuable resource as we ask him to "Make It Happen" — set a goal and work with Congress to enact a plan to end hunger.
As in years past, Steves is making a special Christmas offer for anti-hunger advocates to encourage contributions to Bread for the World. "If these times seem tough for our friends and family, imagine how tough they are for hungry and poor people," says Steves.
To help us continue our advocacy work, Steves has gathered a special package of holiday cheer for those who donate $100. As a thank you, he will send donors three gifts (worth $50):
- "Rick Steves' European Christmas" DVD (our PBS-TV special celebrating a traditional, non-commercial, and sacred Christmas in seven different countries)
- "Rick Steves' European Christmas" coffee-table book (the fun insights and best photos Steves gathered while producing the special)
- "Rick Steves' European Christmas" music CD (produced while filming, featuring our 20 favorite European carols)
Steves says that he will also "happily pay for the cost of these three gifts, as well as postage, so that Bread for the World can use 100 percent of your donation."
"I believe hungry people need strong, compassionate advocates like you and Bread for the World — especially when there are so many interests competing for attention on Capitol Hill," says Steves.
Make your gift today and you will receive everything by Christmas.
Your Gift for Christmas and Year's End
This year, give a gift that reflects the true significance of Christ's birth. Jesus taught us that whatever we do for "the least of these," we do for him. Make a donation to Bread for the World in honor of your loved ones this Christmas. They’ll be touched by your thoughtfulness and you’ll be helping to end hunger in the United States and abroad. Your gift will help Bread persuade our nation’s leaders to provide adequate food and nutrition to hungry and poor people. We’ll send a special card to your loved one, along with a one-year complimentary membership to Bread for the World. Visit www.bread.org/gift to honor your loved ones this Christmas.
You can also give a gift of hope and opportunity to hungry people with your year-end contribution to Bread for the World. Make your gift today by visiting www.bread.org/go/give or use the enclosed envelope. Tax-deductible gifts to Bread for the World Institute support research and analysis that shapes policies and legislation that will help end hunger. For assistance with stock transfers and charitable gift annuities, please contact Jim Lund, vice president of development, by calling toll-free 1-800-822-7323 (ext. 1091) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s Not Too Late to Buy Christmas Cards
Get your 2012 Christmas cards today! When you send Bread for the World cards, your family and friends learn about our vital work to help hungry and poor people. Choose from four different designs. A pack of 10 cards and envelopes costs only $15, shipping included. To order your cards, visit www.bread.org/store or call 1-800-822-7323.
Prepare for a Change-Making Year
2013 promises to be a very active year for advocates, members, and staff of Bread for the World.
Mark your calendars for the following events:
- January 21, 2013 – Inauguration of President Barack Obama. Have you petitioned Pres. Obama to "Make It Happen"?
- March 1, 2013 – Launch of both the feature-length documentary, A Place at the Table and Bread for the World’s 2013 Offering of Letters, "A Place at the Table."
- June 8-10, 2013 – Bread for the World National Gathering
- June 11, 2013 — Bread for the World Lobby Day
- October 20, 2013 — Bread for the World Sunday
- November 18, 2013 — Launch of the 2014 Hunger Report