Many Bread for the World members and partners use the Revised Common Lectionary as a tool for prayer and worship. The lectionary offers inspiration and insights for Christians seeking to engage their faith and the life of their congregations in reflection and advocacy to end hunger. Since 2008, Bread has offered a free monthly email resource, Bread for the Preacher, which includes reflections on the lectionary for the coming month and additional suggestions and resources for church leaders.
This year’s Bread for the Preacher reflections come from an exciting new resource, Preaching God’s Transforming Justice: Year A, the third volume in a three-part lectionary commentary from Westminster John Knox Press. Readers who would like to purchase this new volume can do so through the www.thethoughtfulChristian.com. Our thanks to the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, owners of the Westminster John Knox Press, for allowing us to use the lectionary series, Preaching God’s Transforming Justice.
Previous reflections have come from Hunger for the Word, three volumes of reflections authored by pastors, professors, and other hunger advocates, and compiled by Bread for the World’s Larry Hollar. Copies of Hunger for the Word may be purchased at our online store.
- March 2, 2014 Transfiguration Sunday - PDF
- March 5, 2014 Ash Wednesday - PDF
- March 9, 2014 First Sunday in Lent - PDF
- March 16, 2014 Second Sunday in Lent - PDF
- March 23, 2014 Third Sunday in Lent - PDF
- March 30, 2014 Fourth Sunday in Lent - PDF
- February 2, 2014 Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany - PDF
- February 9, 2014 Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany - PDF
- February 16, 2014 Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany - PDF
- February 23, 2014 Seventh Sunday after the Epiphany - PDF
- January 5, 2014 Second Sunday After Christmas - PDF
- January 6, 2014 Epiphany - PDF
- January 12, 2014 First Sunday after Epiphany - PDF
- January 19, 2014 Second Sunday after the Epiphany - PDF
- January 26, 2014 Third Sunday after the Epiphany - PDF