Many Bread for the World members and partners use the Revised Common Lectionary as a tool for prayer and worship. The lectionary offers inspiration and insights for Christians seeking to engage their faith and the life of their congregations in reflection and advocacy to end hunger. Since 2008, Bread has offered a free monthly email resource, Bread for the Preacher, which includes reflections on the lectionary for the coming month and additional suggestions and resources for church leaders.
The following lectionaries from "Hunger for the Word: Lectionary Reflections on Food and Justice - Year B" are offered to Bread for the World with permission from Liturgical Press. All other rights are reserved. Copies of the full lectionary resource may be purchased from our store.
Previous reflections have come from Hunger for the Word, three volumes of reflections authored by pastors, professors, and other hunger advocates, and compiled by Bread for the World’s Larry Hollar. Copies of Hunger for the Word may be purchased at our online store.
- November 30, 2014 First Sunday of Advent - PDF
- December 7, 2014 Second Sunday of Advent - PDF
- December 14, 2014 Third Sunday of Advent - PDF
- December 21, 2014 Fourth Sunday of Advent - PDF
- December 24, 2014 Christmas Eve - PDF
- December 25, 2014 Christmas Day - PDF
- December 28, 2014 First Sunday after Christmas - PDF
- December 31, 2014 Watch Night/New Year - PDF
Get updates on issues and actions to take on behalf of hungry people.