Glorious Lord, on this day, we celebrate our nation’s birth and the symbol of freedom it represents to many. We acknowledge that you have been the author of this nation and that it is your great faithfulness that has brought us this far. We continue to trust that your hand will guide her into her purpose and destiny.
Right now, we take this time to thank you for the many freedoms and blessings that we have been given:
- We thank you for the freedom we have to worship you and share the Gospel without fear of death.
- We thank you for the opportunity to work, study, and play.
- We thank you for food to eat, clothes to wear, and a roof above our heads.
- We thank you for men and women who have sacrificed their lives on the battlefield to secure the freedoms and blessings that we now enjoy.
- We thank you for teachers who work tirelessly to educate the next generation of our nations’ citizens and leaders.
- We thank you for friendships that enrich our lives and for families and loved ones who love us unconditionally.
Most of all, we thank you for freedom from sin and for the grace and power to live for you.
As we celebrate this Fourth of July, however, we continue to remember the millions of people in our nation, and around the world, who are suffering from food insecurity. You care for them always, and this Fourth of the July, may we never forget to continue to think of, pray for, and love them as ourselves.
In Jesus’ Glorious Name We Pray, Amen.